A man has been arrested by gardai investigating an alleged incident of threatening behaviour in Dublin city centre.
The man, in his 30s, was arrested for alleged offences under the Firearms and Offences Weapons Act after an incident in the Parnell Square area on Tuesday.
The man is in custody in a Dublin city garda station.
Gardai said that no injuries were reported and they had been conducting regular patrols in the area, which will continue.
“Gardai are liaising with the local community and anyone impacted by the incident,” a garda spokesman said.
Subscribe or register today to discover more from DonegalLive.ie
Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.
Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.