SLIDESHOW: Limerick junior soccer round up

Pike Rovers 1 - 1 Janesboro (Pike won 5-4 on pens aet)
Pike Rovers retained their Munster Junior Cup title in dramatic fashion at a packed Jackman Park on Friday evening edging out arch rivals Janesboro in a penalty shoot out after the sides finished 1-1.
It was a story of courage for the Hoops. Courage to pick themselves up from last weekend's devastating defeat in the FAI final. Courage to take the field without three of their star players following injury and ineligibility.
It took courage to bounce back from a harshly awarded opening goal for 'Boro and it was courage personified as Colin Daly, who missed from the spot last weekend, stepped up to blast home a crucial goal in the shoot out.
Janesboro's never rose to the level they've been at all season and their front runners for once were well marshalled by the opposition.
Steven McGann deservedly picked up the man of the match award but there were many who could also lay claim to the prize. Centre backs Pat Mullins and Darragh Carroll were excellent. Wayne O'Donovan had a superb outing while Colin Daly continued on from where he left off last week. That said one to eleven Pike knew their job and worked tirelessly to achieve their goal.
As usual with Janesboro, Thomas Clarke was a tower of strength at the back. Alongside him Steven Bradley was up for the battle with Niall Hanley most prominent in the middle of the park.
A tension packed opening saw both teams struggle to create a chance of note. The first real attempt on goal was a Paddy O'Malley header from Wayne O'Donovan's cross that hit the side netting on 20 minutes.
A minute later 'Boro were awarded a free kick on the right. John Tierney floated a ball into the area. Shane Clarke won the header but Gary Neville gathered cleanly before being bundled into the net. The Assistant Referee ruled the ball crossed the line and the Pike protests started.
To their credit Mike Shiel's men got on with the job at hand and went close to an equaliser when Cian Collins wormed his way in along the end line to be denied by the legs of 'Boro keeper John Mulready.
Just before the break Pike got back on level terms with a superb goal. Heavily involved in the build up, Steven McGann traded passes with Cian Power and despite having five defenders between him and goal, he delicately curled a shot away from Mulready to the top corner.
Janesboro started the started the second half on the front foot. Arron Nunan crossed and Keith Mawdsley nearly sneaked in, stooping to head just wide of the front post before Shane Clarke fired narrowly over the top.
Adrian Power had a great chance to restore Boro's lead, when arriving at pace onto Aidan Hurley's knock down, but blasted wide of the goal.
A brave challenge by Pat Mullins denied Mike Ryan while a quick break from a Pike corner set up a cameo for Keith Mawdsley but just as the League's top scorer teed up to shoot, Darragh Carroll racing back, made a superb block to keep his goal safe.
As the game wore on Pike began to get on top and Colin Daly dinked an effort just too high of goal before extra time was called for.
In the opening period a goal line clearance from Eddie O'Donovan denied Thomas Clarke while his brother Wayne was spared blushed when Gary Neville produced his best save of the day to deny an own goal.
In the second period a dropping volley from O'Malley threatened and with time virtually up Cian Collins had a great chance when the ball fell to him 8 yards out but he volleyed to high and a penalty shoot out was needed to separate the sides.
Going to sudden death Gary Neville saved to give Paddy O'Malley the chance to win in for Pike and he duly obliged to begin the celebrations.

Pike Rovers: Gary Neville; Wayne O'Donovan; Eddie O'Donovan; Pat Mullins; Darragh Carroll; Dave Ryan; Steve McGann; Colin Daly; Paddy O'Malley; Cian Collins; Cian Power. Subs: Jason Mullins; TJ O'Dwyer
Janesboro: John Mulready; Steven Bradley; Tom Clarke; Ryan O'Doherty; Arron Nunan; Niall Hanley; Aidan Hurley; John Tierney; Adrian Power; Shane Clarke; Keith Mawdsley. Subs: Mike Ryan; Danny O'Neill, Lee O'Mara

U-17 Div Three Play - Off
Caherdavin Celtic 2
Shelbourne 0
Caherdavin Celtic captured the Under 17 Div Three League title when they beat Shelbourne 2-0 in an exciting play off at Shelbourne Park on Thursday evening.
Having inflicted Shelbourne only two League defeats this season, Celtic continued their hoodoo over the home side thanks to a goal in each half from Alan Neill and Rhys Dunne.
A big crowd turned out and were treated to an end to end tussle. Both teams belied their position in the third tier with some serious talent on show.
Shelbourne played the prettier football on the night but it was Caherdavin's more direct approach that proved effective.
All too often Shel's attacking forays ended at the back four with Caherdavin keeper Damien Lee rarely called upon.
On the other hand John O'Connor produced a string of superb saves to keep Celtic, and Stephen O'Halloran in particular, at bay.
The visitors broke the deadlock midway through the first half when a long range free kick by O'Halloran saw O'Connor go full length to stop but with the Shels defence ball watching Alan Neill pounced to tuck away the rebound.
The Shels keeper made another stunning save to keep out a similar long range effort from O'Halloran before Neill went within a whisker of doubling the lead, his effort glancing the crossbar.
Another O'Halloran free kick was well saved by O'Connor who followed up with another block as Jordon Freeman pounced on the loose ball.
The second half continued in the same vein with Shels chasing an equaliser and Celtic looking dangerous on the break.
Karl Buckley looked like he was in for the leveller but a bad bounce at the vital moment saw the ball rise over the top.
The lead was doubled on the hour mark when O'Halloran's corner kick was met by Rhys Dunne who headed into the far corner out of reach of O'Connor.
Matt DeCourcey went close to pulling one back with a header but keeper Damon Lee got up well to turn the effort away.
Conor Phelan proved to a handful for Shels all evening and as the game wore on he manufactured two opening that could have added to Shel's woes.
In the end they were not required as the Celtic defence well marshalled by Dunne, held on to win the game.

Caherdavin Celtic: Damon Lee; Cillian Hickey; Jack Barry; Rhys Dunne; Stephen Brett; Alan Neill; Conor Phelan; Jordon Freeman; Sage Kaya; Stephen O'Halloran; Ian Leonard. Subs: Kevin O'Grady; Shane Harney; Morgan Conroy; Keith Dempsey; Mark Moylan
Shelbourne: John O'Connor; Kasper Kudz; Max Zerdel; Aaron McGuane; Craig Reale; Matt DeCourcey; Sean Hartney; Jack Rice; Cian Connolly; Karl Buckley; Frank Hogan. Subs: Luke O'Shea; Brendan Penny; Ross Van Der Dussen; Dave Smith

Youth Div One Boland Cup Final

Pike Rvs 3 - 1 Fairview Rgs
Following their shock defeat in the Ger Ryan Cup final to Aisling, Pike Rvs came into the Div One Boland Cup final determined to avoid a repeat when they faced Fairview Rgs.
Two goals by Cian Power and a long-ranger from Sean Reed Wasik sealed the game for Pike despite Ross Mitchell's goal in between.
Few gave Fairview a chance but they came into the game in fine fashion and with Josh Considine dominating at centre back they were keeping Pike at bay.
However a free kick from just inside the half way line saw Sean Reed Wasik deliver a looping shot over the head of keeper James Hourigan and into the net.
After the break Cian Power pounced on a loose ball in the box to double the lead before Ross Mitchell swivelled to shoot home from close range to make it 2-1.
With Fairview chasing the game and keeper Hourigan adding his firepower to a corner kick, a quick breakaway ended with Power finishing at the other end to wrap up the tie.
It was to complete the double for Pike who received their silverware on Saturday evening when Kilfrush failed to show.
Pike Rvs: Adam Doherty; Adam Lipper; Sean Reed Wasik; Ronan Cahill; Evan Hudner; Barry Coleman; Ben Doherty; TJ O'Dwyer; Cian Power; Kyle Duhig; Ethan Butler. Subs: James Lyons; Brian Thompson; Ollie Plunket; Brandon Guiry; Jason Keane
Fairview Rgs: James Hourigan; Dave Thompson; Josh O'Rahilly; Josh Considine; Danny McCarthy; Ger Higgins; Matt Gallagher; Liam O'Sullivan; Ross Mitchell; Adam McNamara; Shane McCarthy. Subs: Blake Curran; Aodhan Keane; Joe Kavanagh; Alex Kiely; Donal O'Regan

Div 3A Power Cup Final

Knockainey B 2
Prospect Priory B 2
Knockainey made up for the disappointment of losing the Open Cup final by winning the Power Cup with a 2-1 win over Prospect at Jackman Park on Sunday.
The county side showed from the first minute that they were determined to avoid a double defeat and they were impressive as they racked up a two goal lead courtesy of Sean O'Riordan and John Meade.
Prospect came more into the tie and pulled one back through Sean Buckley but they were unable to break the Knockainey defence a second time.
Some nervous defending early on by the Prospect back four created openings for Dan Holten but desperate recovery saved the day.
Sean O'Riordan had a goal bound effort blocked by Pat Kiely and the Prospect sweeper went close to giving his side the lead with a free kick that whizzed across the face of goal.
Knockainey went within inches of opening the scoring when Brian O'Connell got on the end of Cathal Hayes' corner but headed just over the top.
The County side opened the scoring when Holten again capitalised on a defensive error and coolly centred for Sean O'Riordan to drive home from 8 yards.
The lead was doubled after the break. Hayes again supplied the ammo from a corner and John Meade arrived on cue to rise and head powerfully past McKee in the Prospect goal.
Prospect upped the tempo in their attempts to get back in the game and got their reward when a well worked corner ended with Stephen Flanagan crossing to the back post for Sean Buckley to head downward into the goal.
Corey McCallum went within inches of levelling the tie when his backward header beat the keeper but an alert defence mopped up the danger.

Knockainey B: Derek Green; John Ryan; Niall Hurley; Cian Leahy; Diarmuid O'Dea; Brian O'Connell; Sean O'Riordan; John Meade; Dan Holten; Cathal Hayes; Dave Cregan. Subs: Ger O'Connell; Paddy Noonan; Christy O'Dea; Brian Doody; Alan O'Connell; Ger Peters; Mike O'Riordan
Prospect Priory B: C McKee; Edward Keogh; Stephen Flanagan; Pat Kiely; Dave Brown; Leo Wong; Darren McCormack; Adam Kelly; Sean Buckely; Jamie Hogan; Corey McCallum. Subs: Cian O'Halloran; John O'Brien; Christy Kerley; James Davern; Mark Thompson; John Colbert; Jon Meagher.

In the PJ Matthews Premier League Charleville were unable to ease their relegation worries going down 1-0 at home to Regional Utd.
Holycross went down 4-1 to Nenagh but still trail the Cork side by four points.
Ballynanty Rvs' good form continued with a 3-1 win over Kilmallock. David Donnan struck a brace with Jason Hughes also scoring.
In Division 1B wrapped up the League with a couple of wins. A Mark McGrath double saw them past challengers Shelbourne while a couple of days later they beat St Pats 5-2 with scores from Ger Myles (2), Mark McGrath, Eddie Radcliffe and Joey Sheehan.
A play off is required for the second promotion spot to the Premier League. Geraldines and Cappamore will battle it out on Thursday for the big prize.
It's also a play off for the title in Division 3B where Wembley Rvs and Kilmallock will also meet on Thursday after both won on Saturday evening.

More News

Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.

Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.