The FAI has confirmed the Level 5 guidelines for soccer
FIXTURES in the Limerick junior and schoolboy/girl soccer leagues are on hold for a minimum of six weeks following the country's move to Level 5 restrictions from today.
Following clarification from Government, the FAI has confirmed the following Level 5 guidelines for football came into effect from midnight last night.
The 2020/2021 Limerick District League season started in late August, but was halted on October 7 with the country's move to Level 3 restrictions.
Just one round of fixtures has been played to date in the 2020/2021 Limerick Desmond League season.
One Limerick side which is permitted to continue training and playing fixtures under the move to Level 5 is the Treaty United senior side who are competing in the Women's National League.
These are the latest directive in relation to soccer in the Rep of Ireland under Level 5:
* All underage club teams from Under-19 age group down are permitted to train outdoors during Level 5 restrictions
* All outdoor training for underage players is to be non-contact in pods of no more than 15 and in compliance with the latest Government guidelines
* For underage training - players/coaches/parents/ guardians are permitted to travel more than 5 kilometres to attend an organised training session
* For underage training - players/coaches/parents/ guardians are permitted to travel outside their resident county to attend an organised training session
*SSE Airtricity Premier Division and First Division and Women’s National League matches and training continue
* All other domestic adult and underage football matches remain in cessation
*In accordance with Government Level 5 guidelines, training is not permitted for non-elite adult teams
The FAI say they will continue to talk to Government and will monitor any changes to Level 5 restrictions. The Association will update these guidelines as required and as soon as possible.
Subscribe or register today to discover more from DonegalLive.ie
Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.
Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.