Ireland 20s outhalf Harry Byrne Picture: Sportsfile
IRELAND U-20 Head Coach Noel McNamara has named the Ireland U20s side, to play Italy, in their first home fixture of the U20 Six Nations in Donnybrook this Friday at 7.15pm.
There are four changes to the starting side that lined out against France last Friday.
There are two changes to the back-row, with flankers Sean Masterson and Matthew Agnew joining Number 8 Jack O’Sullivan.
The tight five remains unchanged, with props Jordan Duggan and Jack Aungier starting alongside hooker Ronan Kelleher and Cormac Daly and Jack Dunne named in the second row.
In the backs, scrum-half, Hugh O’Sullivan comes into starting side, having won his first cap from the bench last week, and he will partner out-half Harry Byrne, and in the midfield, Angus Curtis moves from the replacements and will line out alongside Captain Tommy O’Brien as Garryowen's David McCarthy misses out.
The back three remains unchanged, with Michael Silvester at full-back, and James McCarthy and Peter Sullivan on the wings.
Ahead of Friday’s fixture, McNamara said: "France was a learning experience for all involved, and the challenge now is to build on what went right for us in Bordeaux while also looking to address the areas that could have been better.
"We had a long trip home from France, but the players have looked after themselves and recovered well and they are eager to run out in front of a home crowd this Friday night.
"Italy pushed England all the way and really made them work hard for their win last weekend, and their underage sides are getting stronger and stronger each season, so it will be a challenge, but our players showed a lot of character in the second half against France, and we’ll be looking for them to build on that coming into this game."
The Ireland U20’s three home fixtures are again sponsored by Electric Ireland, and the match will be broadcast live by RTE, with coverage beginning at 7pm.
Ireland U20 v Italy U20, U20 Six Nations Championship, Friday 9th February, Donnybrook Stadium. Kick-Off: 7.15pm
15. Michael Silvester (Dublin University/Leinster) (5)
14. Peter Sullivan (Lansdowne FC/Leinster) (1)
13. Tommy O’Brien (UCD RFC/Leinster) (6) Captain
12. Angus Curtis (Queen’s University RFC/Ulster) (1)
11. James McCarthy (UL Bohemian/Munster) (1)
10. Harry Byrne (UCD RFC/Leinster) (1)
9. Hugh O’Sullivan (Clontarf FC/Leinster) (1)
1. Jordan Duggan (Naas/Leinster) (5)
2. Ronan Kelleher (UCD/ Leinster) (9)
3. Jack Aungier (St. Mary’s College RFC/Leinster) (1)
4. Cormac Daly (Clontarf FC/Leinster) (1)
5. Jack Dunne (Dublin University FC/Leinster) (1)
6. Sean Masterson (Corinthians RFC/Connacht) (5)
7. Matthew Agnew (Ballymena RFC/Ulster) (0)
8. Jack O’Sullivan (UCC RFC/Munster) (1)
16. Eoghan Clarke (Wanderers FC/Leinster) (0)
17. James French (UCC RFC/Munster) (1)
18.Tom O’Toole (Banbridge RFC/Ulster) (1)
19. Charlie Ryan (UCD RFC/Leinster) (0)
20. Ronan Foley (UCD RFC/Leinster) (0)
21. Paddy Patterson (UCD RFC/Leinster) (0)
22. Conor Dean (St.Mary’s College RFC/Leinster) (5)
23. Angus Kernohan (Ballymena RFC/Ulster) (0)
Unavailable for selection:
Matthew Dalton – Ulster Pro14 squad
Aaron Hall - injured
Jonny Stewart – Ulster Pro14 squad
IRELAND U20 Six Nations Fixtures and Results 2018
Friday 2rd February 2018
France U20 34 - 24 Ireland U20, Stade Amédée Domenech, Brive
Friday 9th February 2018
Ireland U20 v Italy U20, 7.15pm, Donnybrook Stadium, Dublin
Friday 23rd February 2018
Ireland U20 v Wales U20, 7.15pm, Donnybrook Stadium, Dublin
Saturday 9th March 2018
Ireland U20 v Scotland U20, 7.15pm, Donnybrook Stadium, Dublin
Friday 16th March 2018
England U20 v Ireland U20, 8pm, Ricoh Arena, Coventry
Tickets are available for the Ireland U20 home games, which are sponsored by Electric Ireland, via www.ticketmaster.ie.
Subscribe or register today to discover more from DonegalLive.ie
Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.
Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.