There have now been a total of 1,265 Covid-19 related deaths in Ireland
THIRTEEN new cases of Covid-19 has been confirmed in Limerick this Friday evening – bringing the total number in the county to 548.
The Health Protection Surveillance Centre has today been informed that a total of 34 people with Covid-19 have died across the country.
There have now been a total of 1,265 Covid-19 related deaths in Ireland.
As of 11am Friday, May 1, the HPSC has been notified of 221 new confirmed cases of Covid-19. There is now a total of 20,833 confirmed cases of Covid-19 in Ireland.
The HSE is working to identify any contacts the patients may have had to provide them with information and advice to prevent further spread.
Today’s data from the HPSC, as of midnight, Wednesday, April 29 (20,510 cases), reveals:
· 58% are female and 42% are male
· the median age of confirmed cases is 49 years
· 2,768 cases (13%) have been hospitalised
· Of those hospitalised, 367 cases have been admitted to ICU
· 5,840 cases are associated with healthcare workers
· Dublin has the highest number of cases at 10,170 (50% of all cases) followed by Kildare with 1,215 cases (6%) and then Cork with 1,154 cases (6%)
· Of those for whom transmission status is known: community transmission accounts for 63%, close contact accounts for 33%, travel abroad accounts for 3%
Subscribe or register today to discover more from DonegalLive.ie