A MOTHER and six young children along with a pensioner have been left homeless after their properties were badly damaged in a fire on Sunday.
Natasha Wallace arrived back to her home in Crecora Avenue, Ballinacurra Weston, to see the fire blazing at around three o’clock yesterday afternoon.
Her neighbour, the 90-year-old woman - who had lived in the same house for 63 years - had to be rescued from her property by her son.
The fire began in an uninhabited terraced house, with the smoke damaging the homes to each side, leaving them unfit to live in. Locals claim the house was being used as a drugs den.
Although the fire did not spread to Ms Wallace’s home, part of her roof was damaged, while the ESB has told her she will not be able to move back in there, because of the extent of the damage caused. With just a week until Christmas, Ms Wallace has been forced to check into a hotel with her children Mark, 8, Nadine, 10, Colby, 6, Troy, 3, James Dean, 2 and Taylor, 5.
“I am in shock, I just don’t know what I am going to do now. I don’t know whether I am coming or going. I had all my children’s gifts ready in the attic, and they are all wrecked,” the devastated mum said. “The electric is gone. The ESB have told us not to go back in there for our own safety. There is no way we can live there anymore,” she confirmed.Roxboro Gardai are investigating the fire. and can be contacted on 061-214340.
Subscribe or register today to discover more from DonegalLive.ie
Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.
Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.