A RETIRED teacher was granted bail after he was charged with indecently assaulting a young boy in the 1960s.
The defendant, who can’t be named for legal reasons, is accused of committing the offences at a school in the city on dates between August 1968 and August 1969.
Judge Eamon O’Brien was told the accused, who is aged in his 60s, made no reply when he was formally charged earlier this week.
Sgt Michelle Leahy said the DPP had directed the case be dealt with on indictment at Limerick Circuit Court and she requested an adjournment until June 27, next.
Subscribe or register today to discover more from DonegalLive.ie
Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.
Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.