Search

29 Jun 2022

UPDATE: Health and Safety Authority to investigate electrocution of Limerick worker

BREAKING: Man hospitalised after being electrocuted at Limerick store

The incident happened at Eason, O'Connell Street this Thursday morning | Pictures: Adrian Butler

THE Health and Safety Authority has confirmed it has launched an investigation after a man was electrocuted while working at a store in Limerick city centre.

The man, who it is understood is an electrical contractor, was taken to hospital after he sustained suspected electrocution burns while working on the sprinkler system at the Eason store on O'Connell Street.

The alarm was raised at around 11.40am this Thursday.

Paramedics from the National Ambulance Service and a single unit of Limerick Fire and Rescue Service were deployed at the store which has been closed until further notice.

Gardai from Henry Street also attended the scene and the matter has been referred to the HSA.

Crews from ESB Networks were deployed at the store following the incident to ensure the electricity supply was made safe.

The injured man was taken by ambulance to University Hospital Limerick with what are believed to be serious injuries.

To continue reading this article for FREE,
please kindly register and/or log in.


Registration is absolutely 100% FREE and will help us personalise your experience on our sites. You can also sign up to our carefully curated newsletter(s) to keep up to date with your latest local news!

Register / Login

Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.

Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.