VISITING restrictions are in force at a number of wards at University Hospital Limerick after an outbreak of the norovirus, or winter vomiting bug, in the community, the HSE has advised.
“There are now five confirmed and seven suspected cases in the hospital,” a spokesman said.
“The public are requested to co-operate fully with the advice and instruction of staff. Three wards, 3A, 3C and 3D have imposed a total ban on visiting.”
It had been hoped at the time of going to press that ward 3B would reopen to visitors on Tuesday.
“All appropriate infection control measures are being taken to deal with the situation,” the HSE spokesman said.
Subscribe or register today to discover more from DonegalLive.ie
Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.
Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.