Munster insist players have ‘moved on’ from e-mail error

Colm Kinsella

Reporter:

Colm Kinsella

Tyler Bleyendaal will make his first Munster appearance in Wednesday's 'A' game against Ulster in Naas
MUNSTER Rugby insist the players have ‘moved on’ from the issuing of a sensitive player review document which was accidentally distributed to all squad members.

MUNSTER Rugby insist the players have ‘moved on’ from the issuing of a sensitive player review document which was accidentally distributed to all squad members.

A Sunday newspaper report claimed that some of the comments on squad members contained in the e-mail sent last week were ‘highly critical’, with the document said to have revealed which players in the squad management considered to be ‘first choice’ and which were ‘second choice.’

While not commenting on the content of the e-mail, a Munster spokesperson said: “It was an e-mail that went out during the week due to human error.

“The squad members get an e-mail each week with schedules. Instead of the information going out individually to the players, this e-mail went out to the squad.

“The squad dealt with it, no issues, moved on and played a game Friday night against London Irish.”

The matter is likely to be raised at a Munster press briefing at Thomond Park tomorrow when head coach Anthony Foley is due to be in attendance ahead of the start of the new Guinness PRO12 season.

Confirmation that an e-mail was sent out an error is embarrassing for Munster with the province set to face Edinburgh in their opening PRO12 fixture at Thomond Park on Friday night, 7.35pm.

Munster did manage to defeat London Irish 17-5 in their final pre-season friendly at Waterford RSC on Friday night, 48 hours after the e-mail containing the sensitive player information was sent out in error.