This week Limerick Gaelic footballer Kieran O’Callaghan is the subject of our 10 gruelling questions.
TALENTED attacker Kieran O’Callaghan has been close to the top of the scoring charts in the Limerick SFC for much of the last decade. O’Callaghan and his Ballylanders colleagues are now primed for another assault on the Limerick SFC title.
A former Limerick senior football captain, O’Callaghan talks Colm Cooper, JP McManus, Tommy Tiernan and Mario Ballotelli.
1. If you could play with any player, past or present, who would it be?
Colm Cooper - kicks off both left and right feet, genius on the field.
2. If you could revisit one moment in your career and go back and change it, what moment would you choose?
2010 County semi final v Adare - seven points up 10 minutes to go and lost by two points
3. Who do you think is Limerick’s greatest ever sports person?
Johnny Murphy would be up there with the best and still going strong at club level
4. You’re losing a big game narrowly late on, who would you most like to see with the ball in a scoring position?
Danny Frewen....... and I’d be roaring at him for the ball so I could kick it over myself!
5. What young player in … would you say is one to watch?
Ciaran Kelly - can score off both feet. Mark O’Callaghan, Killian Meade and Shane O’Donaghue also worth watching
6. What’s the worst thing that ever happened to you on the field?
Munster Semi Final v Cork - was captain and we conceded two injury-time goals to lose by a point
7. Who was the best player you played against growing up?
James Ryan - Was always all over the field.
8. You have two free tickets any sports event in the world. What would you go to and who would you bring with you?
Cheltenham Festival with JP McManus - great festival with a true legend.
9. What top sports star would you most like to hit a late challenge?
Luis Suarez Liverpool - don’t need to explain why.
10. What four people would you invite to a dinner party?
Tommy Tiernan - bit of craic; Gaz Geordie Shore - the stories he could tell; Mario Baloteli - for being just a complete nutcas; Shirley Ahern (girlfriend) - I’d have to bring her!