The man appeared before Limerick Circuit Court
A MAN who has admitted sexually assaulting two young girls has been ordered not to come within 500 metres of a house in city where three other young children are living.
Last month, the 46-year-old admitted committing multiple offences at a house in a village in County Limerick on dates between July 1, 2009 and February 28, 2013.
He has also pleaded guilty to a single charge of sexually exploiting one of the girls at another house on the outskirts of the city.
The girls, who were aged four and seven when the abuse started, are the daughters of his former partner.
After the man, who can’t be named for legal reasons, entered his guilty pleas he was remanded on continuing bail pending a sentencing hearing next month.
However, the matter was re-entered at Limerick Circuit Court this week as the State sought to revoke his bail.
During the application, Detective Garda Denise Moriarty told John O’Sullivan BL, prosecuting, that she learned in recent weeks the man was not living at the address he is required to live at as a condition of his bail.
She said he is now in a relationship with a woman who has a number of young children and is living at her home.
Judge John Hannan was told the defendant is the father of one of the woman’s children and that she is pregnant expecting another child with him.
Tusla, the court heard, has been informed of the garda concerns and an assessment is currently being carried out.
Mark Nicholas SC said while his client has been visiting the house, he is not living there and has been complying with all of his bail conditions.
He added that gardai have been alerted to recent posts on social media which have led “terrible harrassment” of his client.
Judge Hannan ordered that the man not go “within 500 metres” of the house as a condition of his bail.
The judge did not impose any restrictions on the man seeing his child at any other location.