TALENTED Abbeyfeale sportsman Derry Oâ€™Connor is the subject of our first 10 Questions feature.
Oâ€™Connor plays gaelic football with his club Fr Caseyâ€™s and has also broken on to the Limerick senior football team over the last two seasons. On top of that he is part of the Young Munster AIL team during the winter months and has represented Munster at U-19 level. This weekend he lines out with Fr Caseyâ€™s as they face Ballysteen in a crucial Limerick SFC game on Friday night while after that attention turns to Limerickâ€™s All Ireland Qualifier game against Longford on Saturday week.
1. If you could play with any player, past or present, who would it be?
Martin Scannell. Was a class act.
2. If you could revisit any one moment in your career and go back and change it, what moment would you choose?
Getting sent off in the U-21s semi final and then missing the final for the three in a row. Thank God we won it in the end
3. Who do you think is Limerickâ€™s greatest ever sports person?
John Galvin. Inspirational man
4. Youâ€™re a point down in the last minute of a big game. What team-mate would you most like to see with the ball 40 yards from goal?
John Riordan. He would plough straight for goal.
5. What young player would you say is â€˜one to watchâ€™ in your own club?
Daniel Daly. Has the makings of a great player.
6. Whatâ€™s the worst thing that ever happened to you on a football field?
Getting sent off (I wasnâ€™t even playing, just on the bench). That was a dark day.
7. Who was the best player you played against at underage level growing up?
Thomas Quilligan from Newcastle West. Could score a goal/point from anything (and still doing it). Many heartaches because of him
8. You can have two free tickets to any sports event in the world. What would you go to and who would you bring with you?
Ryder Cup and I would say my mother. Golf fanatic
9. What top sports star would you most like to hit a late challenge?
Seanie â€œBig Gunsâ€ Buckley. He never stops talking about the size of his arms
10. What four people would you invite to a dinner party?
Tommy Tiernan for the entertainment. Brian Oâ€™Driscoll because the man is a living legend. Colm Cooper so I could learn a few things off the man and my mother for the cooking side of things!