A still from a video, being shared on social media, shows a bullet hole in a window
GARDAI in Limerick have launched an investigation after multiple shots were fired at an occupied house in Rathkeale in the early hours of this Sunday morning.
Unconfirmed reports suggest between seven and 10 shots were discharged with an automatic weapon at the property in Rathkeale. Limerick Live understands that the same home was subject to an arson attack earlier this year.
READ NEXT: Three charged at special court sitting over separate shooting and drugs seizure in Limerick
A garda spokesperson said that shortly after 5am this Sunday, November 30, gardaí responded to reports of gunshots fired at a residential property in the Rathkeale area of County Limerick.
“None of the occupants were injured. The scene has been preserved for examination by local scene of crime officers and investigations are ongoing,” said the garda spokesperson.
It is not know how many people were in the house at the time of the gun attack.
A video has emerged on social media which shows cartridges on the ground and bullet holes in windows.
One man can be heard saying “ye left them in through gates, ye left them in through windows" and making disparaging remarks about the perpetrators.
Subscribe or register today to discover more from DonegalLive.ie
Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.
Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.