A CHARLEVILLE woman who is accused of murdering her son earlier this month was remanded in continuing custody following a brief court appearance this week.
Diane Ward, aged 43, of Harrisons Place, Charleville, Co Cork is charged with killing Anthony Ward at their home on September 3 last.
Post-mortem results conducted on the body of the eight-year-old showed he died from asphyxia.
Ms Ward who was previously remanded in custody to the Dochas centre in Dublin appeared before Limerick District Court via video link on Tuesday.
Sgt Donal Cronin, Henry Street, said the book of evidence in the case was not yet complete and he sought a two-week adjournment of the case.
Solicitor Paul Cagney said his client was consenting to the application.
Judge Eugene O’Kelly remanded the defendant in continuing custody to appear before the court again on October 9, next.
Tuesday’s hearing lasted for less than a minute and Ms Ward only spoke to confirm she could see and hear the proceedings.